||[Oct. 29th, 2008|06:28 pm]
6-8 medium orange bell peppers, washed and dried
8 ounces orzo pasta or spaghetti
1 (25 ounce) jar pasta sauce, warmed
1. Carve each bell pepper as you would a Jack-O-Lantern, cutting the top off and hollowing out the inside before carving a face.
2. Discard the tops.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions.
4. Drain Pasta.
5. Mix pasta with warm sauce and spoon into each individual pepper, making sure the pasta 'oozes' out the eyes, mouth, and top of pepper.
1 can (7 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated breadsticks (6 breadsticks)
1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce, heated
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 6 breadsticks. Roll each until 12 inches long. Loosely tie knot in both ends of each breadstick; place on cookie sheet (do not twist).
2. Brush breadsticks with egg white. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm "bones" with warm pizza sauce for dipping.